Congratulations! Your school team has successfully been registered for the Diamond Challenge Africa for High Schools Entrepreneurs. You are therefore required to prepare your team (s) to submit written concepts that will be reviewed and selected to participate in the next DCA National Pitch Competition scheduled to take place on Saturday, February 18th, 2017 in Uasin Gishu at a venue to be communicated later.
Kindly go through the timelines below and save the dates to avoid inconveniences:
1. Written concept Submission: January 27th, 2017 (Important date)
- Written concept submissions should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org; no later than 7pm Kenyan time
- Please this linked attached PowerPoint deck – Zipped File -or download – http://startupafrica.org/DCA-PPTX-2017.zip
2. Judges Review Written Concepts: January 28th – 31st, 2017
3. County Competitions: February 04th, 2017 (Optional)
4. Invitation of the successful written concept submissions teams to the National Pitch Competition: February 8th – 9th, 2017
5. National Pitch Competition: February 18th, 2017 (Important date)
- Only successful teams from the written concept submissions will be invited to the National Pitch Competition
- Complete PowerPoint presentation should be sent to: email@example.com; no later than Wednesday, February 15th, 2017 at 5p.m. Kenyan time.
- Late presentations will be disqualified from the competition.
6. Semi-final Rounds Competition: April 06th, 2017 (USA)
7. Final Round and Awards: April 07th, 2017 (USA)
During the DCA National Pitch Competitions, each team will have 5 minutes to present followed by 1-2 minutes for questions and answers. You will be pitching to a panel of distinguished judges drawn from different businesses and organizations in Kenya.
One (1) business idea winner and one (1) social impact winner will be announced at the National Pitch Competition to proceed with their business ideas to the international final competition that will be held on April 06th & 07th, 2017 in Delaware, USA.
As mentioned above, each team team will have 5 minutes total to present. Please plan on presenting for 5 minutes, and answering questions for 1-2 minutes. We encourage you to be succinct and keep your presentations as close to 5 minutes as possible.
Attached, please find a sample deck (PowerPoint) presentation to guide you as you prepare your team’s written concept submissions and national pitch competition presentations. All the information you need to prepare is included on this sample deck, but more importantly, practice your pitch several times to be better prepared for the National Pitch Competition.
Should you have questions about the next steps or the sample deck, please do not hesitate to contact the Diamond Challenge Africa Manager, Lucy Nyakiore at 0722 160 172 or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Thank you and good luck.